News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

"Time" glorifies journalists as guardians of truth!!!

Started by Bricktop, December 11, 2018, 05:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

In typically journalistic style, "Time " magazine has nominated a group from amongst it's own as "Person Of The Year"...journalists that have been killed or persecuted for trying to disclose "the truth".

Now, any persecution is an abomination, and the assassination of Khashoggi was a despicable murder.

But "Time" is once again glorifying journalists as peddlers of "truth" and heroes in exposing lies, deception, injustice and treachery...especially if such heinous deeds are committed by the more conservative side.

Aided by the absurdly dramatised Hollywood portrayals of journalists fighting the system to reveal the "truth", the entire mass media seems obsessed with convincing the world that journalists are there to protect us...they are the true front line between society and the devil.

This, of course, is bullshit.

Journalists are paid to do a job, and that job is to make money for their publishers.

Period.

They are not heroes. The rely on information fed to them by whistle blowers and informants. They thrive on creating controversy in the perverted belief that their actions are saving our world.

To journalists, breaking open a story that exposes higher echelon duplicity is orgasmic. But these days, such opportunities are rare...so they fall back to criticising and challenging on whimsical and frequently truthless premises. "Trump is funded by Russia". "Trump must be impeached".

Imagine the gloating and self congratulations that would go on if Trump was actually impeached. That's about 10 Hollywood blockbusters worth right there.

Journalists in my experience are mainly scum. Few are principled, and fewer still care for the truth. For reasons only they know, their opinions are worth more than ours...so much so that they charge people to read their bullshit op-eds.

Newspapers now contain more opinions than news, and then wonder why their market share of advertising revenue is falling faster than the value of the Venezuelan dollar.

Journalists are, I admit, a necessary evil...but they are unworthy of glorification. Even when it's their own that are doing the glorifying.

Anonymous

And most of all, journalists are biased, biased, and biased.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"And most of all, journalists are biased, biased, and biased.

They are whiners too.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "seoulbro"And most of all, journalists are biased, biased, and biased.

They are whiners too.

lol even calling them whiners is too good for them, they know and take the truth and manipulate the facts for the public.
Permanently off his rocker

Wazzzup

Today's journalists are no more guardians of truth than the Pravda propagandists from the old Soviet Union and no less biased.

Bricktop

I hate the fact that they studied "journalism" at university, then write OPINIONS on the basis that they know more, are smarter, more insightful and more morally adjusted than everyone else.

They are assholes.

cc

Further, the guy was a blatant Muslim Brotherhood supporter and worked to promote it all his life ... an outfit banned in several countries .. and especially so in islamic countries that know better than others how evil, deadly  and supremacist it is .. pledged to overthrow all non islamics  and islamics not supremacist enough for its liking ... pledged to establish shariah law everywhere it can (as proven during its brief rule in Egypt)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

No-one deserves to be assassinated for their views.

But to put them on a pedestal because they managed to get a job that pays them to print their views is abject nonsense.

cc

I'm not saying he  deserved to be assassinated for his view ... although that's how it works in islamville and MB is a killer group

I am simply saying that as a bloody lowlife MB worker and propagandist ONLY he is no hero to worship.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

NO journalist is a hero.

They are muckraking scum who feed on controversy.

@realAzhyaAryola

Ah, the children's club where they pat each other on the back. Typical.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Wazzzup

The leftards do this stuff all the time.  Give out awards purely for political reasons.  

There are many examples, a couple that come to mind--

Obama's ridiculous Nobel Peace Prize

Blasey Ford's distinguished alumna award

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Further, the guy was a blatant Muslim Brotherhood supporter and worked to promote it all his life ... an outfit banned in several countries .. and especially so in islamic countries that know better than others how evil, deadly  and supremacist it is .. pledged to overthrow all non islamics  and islamics not supremacist enough for its liking ... pledged to establish shariah law everywhere it can (as proven during its brief rule in Egypt)

ac_wot

Anonymous